Of Triton - Anna Banks WHY DOES THIS COVER HAVE TO BE SO PRETTY?! HOW COME MAY IS NOT YET HERE?!?!?!

THE.

FREAKING.

COVER.

description

description

I don't think I have any feelings regarding the sequel to Of Poseidon.

First of all, this book did not please me at all. I was bored to tears while reading this book and I can't help but compare this book to the previous one. The alternating POVs wasn't also doing this book any favor. The humor which I came to love, was lost!!! How can that be! I was expecting to laugh out loud halfway through the book. It feels like the thoughts in this book were scattered. And I am indifferent towards Emma, her mom, Galen, Grom and even Rayna. Toraf on the other hand surprisingly made me feel a little bit of sympathy towards him but that's it.

And it also seems like Emma's thoughts are all over the place!!! Like her encounter with Mark, she was thinking one thing at first and then right after talking to him she was thinking the exact opposite of what she has thought beforehand.

And then the tribunal!!! Wasn't the tribunal just about the verification of whether Emma's mom is who she is claiming to beā€“Nalia the long lost Poseidon heir?? Then how come it became the trial of The Royals? Gahhh, are they really that disorganized to hold a trial discussing all problems at hand at once?? It's confusing and boring and I'm finding it hard to be immersed in the story line. Ugggh.

And the solutions to their problems!!! Not only did it look too easy but it also looked like it was rushed! And once again, thrown at us all at the same time. It's overwhelming and steals away the thrill of the story. Just so many things happening at once!! I do like the epilogue though. Maybe, what I'm really trying to say is that the conflict feels forced and that I wanted more Emma and Galen moments that feel real and that don't warrant an eye-roll. Sadly, Of Triton did not live up to its predecessor, Of Poseidon. So much for being excited. :(