Golden - Jessi Kirby

"But it seems to me that the experiences that stay with you, the things that you'll always remember, aren't the ones you can force, or go looking for. I've always thought of those things as the ones that somehow find you."

This was one powerful and heartbreaking read. The writing is impeccable and captivating that I didn't notice I was burning through page after page until I was on the end. This book has the right mix of heartache, mystery, heart-pounding revelations, hope and romance. I love Parker's personality and I honestly think her character has evolved from being an uptight straight-A student to a free-spirited and mature advocate of fate and true love. But one major flaw she has was the fact that she keeps on off-putting Trevor. I mean being a huge believer in fate and all that, shouldn't she be chasing her own happiness? Finding her own happily ever after? Holding on to the one thing that is so genuine and heartwarming instead of letting it fleet away? She doesn't know she got it good until she almost lost it. Although I'd like to be assured of everyone's happily ever after, I guess I'll leave it to my imagination. Parker is a likable character because she is very determined once she sets her sight on something. And even though everything did not go well as she planned, she left everything to fate. And I admire her for knowing when to stop and respect one's wishes. The flow of the story was easy to get into and flows smoothly all throughout and I will definitely read more of this author's upcoming works! A life-changing read that opens our eyes to all the great possibilities life can offer.