Frostbite - Richelle Mead
Roza and Dimka ❤

“You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.”

This was a great sequel and a real page turner!! It was a fast-paced read that whenever I would glance on the page number I can't believe I have read 20pages in a minute or so. A lot has happened that surprised me, made me laugh and also got me crying.

First off, Rose's mom.. I actually pity Rose when it comes to her relationship with her mother. Their relationship is strained and not at all how a mother and daughter should be treating each other. No wonder she is the way she is... she lacks the love and care of a mom. Still she should never lose her respect to her mom and maybe she has struck a cord and went out of line (literally and figuratively) with what she said to her when they were sparring. (Side note though its seems like she has been in their clinic more often than anyone in the academy and I agree with the doctor's advice :P) and I was as shocked as Rose at what happened. I feel like n this sequel I am in tuned of Rose's emotions.

And surprise surprise in this sequel Rose got even bolder. *gasp* Could it be possible?! Apparently with Rose, yes :P it is actually amusing and less annoying. And she is so cute and adorable having this crush on Dimitri!!! But of course what's a love story without the confusing twists and complications right? I don't think trying to settle for Mason is a good idea. Crossing that bestfriend line is a huge risk!!! One she took in the hopes of forgetting Dimitri.
“Yes," he said after several moments of silence. "You are. And every second this conversation goes on, you only prove how young you really are.”

—True. But, harsh much Dmitri?!

In terms of maturity, Rose had somehow grown. She was rational more often than not and I think she's getting used to thinking before jumping right into action. She really is learning from Dimitri! Although at times, she still can be hardheaded and stubborn but it's less annoying now. Besides, a person can't change all at once overnight. I think I'm warming up to her. :D

And then one un-fateful event Rose along with Mason, Eddie, Mia and Christian were held captive by Strigois. And honestly what happened surprised me. And broke my heart a little bit. Just a little bit. At first. But nevertheless surprised me, a lot. And then slowly the hurt caught up and broke me into pieces as much as it did to Rose. :( and everything that happened after keeps breaking my heart. The way her mom comforted her was as heartbreaking as what happened during their escape. But all is well. This book kept me on my toes, it's full of action, drama and romance and I can't wait to start Shadowkiss! :-)