If I Stay - Gayle Forman
“If you stay, I’ll do whatever you want. I’ll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I’ll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would just be too painful, that maybe it’d be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I’d do it. I can lose you like that if I don’t lose you today. I’ll let you go. If you stay.”

Okay, so this is my second book of Gayle Forman. I have been a fan ever since the last period I saw on her book Just One Day. And you know what I realized? That her compelling way of writing down her stories made me love the characters and the characters' character. Before I very much loved the idea of traveling. Now reading If I Stay, I came to love music more. I came to love and appreciate music I wasn't even interested into listening before. The way she made her characters express their love for music makes me want to be like them— passionate in music. So much passion that you feel the rawness of their dedication.

One of my favorites may have been Adam's attitude of always trying to do a "grand gesture" for Mia. Ohhh how I'd love to find a guy who would do that for me. Also Adam's mannerism of always warming up Mia's hands are, well, heartwarming :")

My favorite yet the saddest conversation ever:
“I don’t want to be the guy who doesn’t want you to go. If the tables were turned, you’d let me go.”

“I kind of already have. In a way, you’re already gone. To your own Juilliard,” I said.

“I know,” Adam said quietly. “But I’m still here. And I’m still crazy in love with you.”

“Me, too,” I said. And then we stopped talking for a while as Adam strummed an unfamiliar melody. I asked him what he was playing.

“I’m calling it ‘The Girlfriend’s-Going-to-Juilliard-Leaving-My-Punk-Heart-in-Shreds Blues,’” he said, singing the title in an exaggeratedly twangy voice. Then he smiled that goofy shy smile that I felt like came from the truest part of him. “I’m kidding.”

“Good,” I said.

“Sort of,” he added."

I love how Adam has become a part of Mia's family. I've even come to love Willow and Henry from the retellings of Mia's memory. It was like I'm a bystander witnessing a one big happy family made up of kins, family friends, boyfriend.

Some parts were I must admit, boring but nevertheless heartwarming. i got teary-eyed at Adam's words pleading for her to stay. And I think I am just as keeled as Mia about her being an orphan the pain of going through such thing? i can't even imagine. And that ending. Another cliffhanger! Tsk tsk. You naughty writer!!! Good thing I have the second book and now I'm off to dive into it. :P