Thief by Tarryn Fisher

Thief - Tarryn Fisher
“How many times can a heart be broken before it is beyond mend? How many times can I wish to not be alive? How can one human being cause such a crack in my existence? I alternate between periods of numbness and inconceivable pain all in the span of — an hour? An hour feels like a day, a day feels like a week. I want to live, and then I want to die. I want to cry, and then I want to scream.
I want, I want, I want…
Olivia.”

I. LOVE. IT. To bits and pieces, with every fiber of its flaw and perfection. This may have just become my favorite series. EVER. You know how the first book in a series captures you only to be disappointed with the sequel and the rest of the books in the series? Yeah, I get that. A lot. Or how deflating it feels when the emotions you've felt when reading the first book don't elicit or even revive those feelings you've felt back then? Sucks, no? Those are far from happening regarding this series. With all the complications and heartaches Caleb and Olivia put each other through, they just can't seem to shake each other off. Their love clings underneath their skin it took them 10 freaking years to let go of their baggage and finally relent on what they are feeling and just... be with each other. I'm glad I've went through every single drama from The Opportunist to Dirty Red and up until Thief. Because their being together won't feel this fucking good without the rejection, lies, deceit, turn downs, reunions and finally revival of old, undying flame. I'm not even going to talk about every single bomb that was dropped in this book. You have to figure it out yourself. Just one major spoiler. They end up having their happy ending FINALLY. They are jaded, yes, broken even. But I say they are better. And I think their time to be together has finally come. All of their bitter pasts led them to finally accept who they deserve.

“My voice trails off because there is no such thing as a clean slate. I know that now. You just embrace your dirty slate and build over it. ”

“I knew. You couldn’t get rid of the past. You couldn’t ignore it, or bury it, or throw it over the balcony. You just had to learn to live beside it. It had to peacefully co-exist with your present. If I could figure out how to do that, I could be okay.”

And the writing.. My God, don't even start with me about the writing!!!! It's beautiful and crazy good my heart is breaking piece by piece on every page! I want to cry and laugh and giggle and sob all at the same time. I want to be happy for them but know that it's going to get ugly eventually but that overall what kept me strong despite the unending breakups was the hope that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

This book answers everything! Every single question we have in books one and two is answered here. We also get Caleb's POV regarding their past. Half of the book or just a third, I think is a retelling of how they met and fall in love in college. And I swear it's like reading The Opportunist again and getting my heart broken for the second time!!! Their personality and story don't get old. Always get me, shooting aiming straight through my heart. This is a wonderful wonderful closure to the series. I could not even say more but thank you to Tarryn Fisher who has blessed us with a crazy love story!!!! The drama did not even irritate me. It is so not your typical contemporary romance where we get cliché dramas that just make you want to bang your head on the table and wonder when the authors stopped being creative and original.

“When we stand up, I stop a few feet away from the trashcan with my coffee cup in my hand.
“Olivia?”
“Yeah?”
“If I make this shot, will you go out with me?” I hold my cup like it’s a basketball and look from her to the trashcan.
“Yeah,” she says, smiling. “Yeah, I will.”
I make the shot.”

If you want to have a good heartbreak and feel rewarded afterwards—Read. This. Series. Now. It won't disappoint, promise :) and Caleb, honey I FUCKING LOVE YOU. Cheers to every man out there who knows how to fight for the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. I salute you ;) I've never wanted a couple's happy ending as much as I wanted it for Caleb and Olivia because I swear they deserve it and there's nothing left for them to feel but happiness and satisfaction :)

“We are gonna be okay. That’s what happens when two people are meant. You just work it out until you are okay.”